Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of cell therapies for a broad range of cancers.
Tessa’s clinical pipeline derives from two innovative cell therapy platforms; CD30 Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CD30-CARs) and Virus-Specific T cells (VSTs). Our lead candidate comprises autologous CD30 CAR-T cell therapy targeting classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) and CD30+ non-Hodgkin lymphomas.
Tessa is also developing a novel, allogeneic platform technology, as a new approach to traditional cell therapy. By combining the unique properties CD30-CARs and VSTs, the platform holds potential for the creation of next-generation off-the-shelf cell therapies against a variety of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors.
Tessa’s state-of-the-art GMP cell therapy manufacturing facility will open in early 2021, and will substantially enhance in-house production capabilities. Tessa is focused on rapidly and reliably providing safe, effective treatment options for patients.
(Senior) Associate Research Scientist (Molecular)
- Work in a team in validating current and generating new pipelines.
- Perform molecular assays, optimize protocols and methodologies for lead discovery and characterization.
- Assist in cell and tissue culture work involving primary cell cultures or cell lines in support of cell-based assays.
- Provide data and documentation to support intellectual property filings.
- Contribute to running and maintenance of laboratory-based activities and equipment.
- Bachelor Degree in biological sciences, immunology, or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques, e.g. molecular cloning, ELISAs, etc.
- Experience with cell culture, cell line propagation and maintenance.
- Experience with human peripheral blood mononuclear cell purification, T cell culture and manipulation will be advantageous.
- Technical competence in flow cytometry.
- Able to plan and execute experiments independently.