Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of cell therapies for a broad range of cancers.
Tessa’s clinical pipeline derives from two innovative cell therapy platforms; CD30 Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CD30-CARs) and Virus-Specific T cells (VSTs). Our lead candidate comprises autologous CD30 CAR-T cell therapy targeting classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) and CD30+ non-Hodgkin lymphomas.
Tessa is also developing a novel, allogeneic platform technology, as a new approach to traditional cell therapy. By combining the unique properties CD30-CARs and VSTs, the platform holds potential for the creation of next-generation off-the-shelf cell therapies against a variety of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors.
Tessa’s state-of-the-art GMP cell therapy manufacturing facility will open in early 2021, and will substantially enhance in-house production capabilities. Tessa is focused on rapidly and reliably providing safe, effective treatment options for patients.
Senior Research Scientist (Translational Medicine)
- Management of team members consisting of bioinformatics staff.
- Critical analysis, interpretation and communication of high-dimensional data, including genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic datasets for deep immune-profiling of cell products and clinical trial samples.
- Vendor, computational platform and appropriate data warehousing management.
- Perform hands-on experimentation and supervision of wet lab scientists in
✓ DNA and RNA extraction for different NGS platforms.
✓ Assessment of nucleic acid quality and quantity.
✓ Preparation of short and long read libraries for a variety of NGS platforms.
✓ Preparation of single cell libraries (e.g. 10X Genomics and BD Rhapsody).
- Supporting programs across the wider research and development team by working cross-functionally with the product development, process development and biostatistics teams.
- PhD degree in related fields including cell and molecular biology, tumor biology, immunology with demonstrated scientific acumen and track record.
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS), analysis of DNA (ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq) and gene expression (RNA-seq), barcoding and other enabling technologies.
- Background in programming languages and statistical analysis platforms (such as Python, R) is a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills and leadership experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to work in cross-functional project teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team to advance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Open-minded, passionate and pro-active