Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of cell therapies for a broad range of cancers.
Tessa’s clinical pipeline derives from two innovative cell therapy platforms; CD30 Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CD30-CARs) and Virus-Specific T cells (VSTs). Our lead candidate comprises autologous CD30 CAR-T cell therapy targeting classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) and CD30+ non-Hodgkin lymphomas.
Tessa is also developing a novel, allogeneic platform technology, as a new approach to traditional cell therapy. By combining the unique properties CD30-CARs and VSTs, the platform holds potential for the creation of next-generation off-the-shelf cell therapies against a variety of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors.
Tessa’s state-of-the-art GMP cell therapy manufacturing facility will open in early 2021, and will substantially enhance in-house production capabilities. Tessa is focused on rapidly and reliably providing safe, effective treatment options for patients.
Associate Research Scientist (Preclinical)
- Requires fundamental understanding of broad topics in cancer immunotherapy, biochemistry, molecular biology and cancer biology.
- Provide supporting role in animal studies of immune-oncology projects.
- Maintenance and authentication of cancer cell lines.
- Xenografting cancer cells into mouse for in vivo tumor studies. Monitoring of tumor xenograft growth by calipers and in-vivo imaging systems (IVIS)
- Assist in dissection, collection and preparation of different tissues and tumors for molecular pathology analysis. Blood collection, administration of therapeutic agents and assist in surgical procedures.
- Isolation, culturing and characterization of primary human and/or rodent immune cells
- Assist in developing SOPs and protocols for experiments and experimental procedures.
- Bachelor in biological/medical science or veterinary science
- At least 2 years of research experience with animal model
- Possess experience in handling animals, blood collection and administration of therapeutic agents
- Experience in murine tumor models, molecular biology and immunology techniques (flow cytometry, ELISA, imaging) would be advantageous
- Good communication and analytical skill and able to be a team player
- Open-minded, passionate, pro-active skills and keen to learn new skills and techniques.
- Good working attitude and willingness to learn
- Good analytical, planning and coordination skills
- Open-minded, passionate and pro-active skills