Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of cell therapies for a broad range of cancers.
Tessa’s clinical pipeline derives from two innovative cell therapy platforms; CD30 Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CD30-CARs) and Virus-Specific T cells (VSTs). Our lead candidate comprises autologous CD30 CAR-T cell therapy targeting classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) and CD30+ non-Hodgkin lymphomas.
Tessa is also developing a novel, allogeneic platform technology, as a new approach to traditional cell therapy. By combining the unique properties CD30-CARs and VSTs, the platform holds potential for the creation of next-generation off-the-shelf cell therapies against a variety of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors.
Tessa’s state-of-the-art GMP cell therapy manufacturing facility will open in early 2021, and will substantially enhance in-house production capabilities. Tessa is focused on rapidly and reliably providing safe, effective treatment options for patients.
Research Scientist (Molecular)
- Carry out research work related to cancer immunotherapy involving the designing and testing of novel chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) strategies.
- Design and perform genetic modification of primary human T cells with viral vector-based strategies.
- Optimize and execute molecular and cellular assays for characterization of CAR T cells.
- Work in a team, providing support in troubleshooting of assays, development of techniques or protocols.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive, and current laboratory notebooks.
- Analyze and present data and findings to internal and external stake holders.
- Provide data and documentation to support intellectual property filings.
- PhD or Master Degree in molecular biology, immunology, or related field with at least 2 years of research experience.
- Good understanding of cancer cell biology and immunotherapy.
- Established competency in general molecular biology techniques such as ELISA, PCR, cloning.
- Experience with primary immune cell culture and characterization such as flow cytometric analysis and other functional assays.
- Experience with viral vector mediated editing or engineering of cells will be ideal.
- Experience in multi-parameter flow cytometry is desirable.
- Innovative, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Good scientific writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated and a good team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure and challenging timelines.