Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of cell therapies for a broad range of cancers.
Tessa’s clinical pipeline derives from two innovative cell therapy platforms; CD30 Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CD30-CARs) and Virus-Specific T cells (VSTs). Our lead candidate comprises autologous CD30 CAR-T cell therapy targeting classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) and CD30+ non-Hodgkin lymphomas.
Tessa is also developing a novel, allogeneic platform technology, as a new approach to traditional cell therapy. By combining the unique properties CD30-CARs and VSTs, the platform holds potential for the creation of next-generation off-the-shelf cell therapies against a variety of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors.
Tessa’s state-of-the-art GMP cell therapy manufacturing facility will open in early 2021, and will substantially enhance in-house production capabilities. Tessa is focused on rapidly and reliably providing safe, effective treatment options for patients.
Manager, Finance and Compliance
- Individual contributor role, with future opportunities to manage and build a team
- Supports Finance team in technical accounting guidance and interpretations, specifically IFRS/FRS and US GAAP
- Identify and assess IFRS to US GAAP differences and implement US GAAP reporting (10Q, 10K, MD&A etc.)
- Demonstrates understanding of key tax concepts such as corporate taxation, GST/VAT, transfer pricing and withholding tax
- Experience in fair valuation models and techniques such as in areas of Company ordinary shares, stock options and intangible assets
- Good to have experience in implementing enterprise risk management and COSO framework
- Experience in SOX 404 internal controls compliance, testing and reporting
- Establish and maintain the control environment within the Group by managing the various key stakeholders to ensure compliance to the effective operation of internal controls
- Perform controls testing as part internal management assessment on a regular basis
- Experience working with professional services firm in audit, tax, legal, valuation specialists
- Drive continuous improvement and transformation within the Finance organization
- Participate in ad-hoc projects when needed such as ERP system implementation, IPO readiness preparation, audit committee presentation decks etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any related field with at least 6 years of internal audit/ External audit experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and preferably 2-3 years of relevant finance experience in a commercial environment
- A recognized accounting qualification (CA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Proven ability to understand key financial and business variables in a complex and challenging commercial environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Great working and collaborative attitude, highly motivated individual
- Hands-on individual and able to multi-task and execute key deliverables under tight deadlines
- Great team player