Tessa Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a portfolio of next-generation cell therapies for cancer. It has a pipeline of therapies in clinical development for the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors.
Tessa’s lead autologous therapy is in late-stage clinical development for treatment of lymphomas. It has shown strong clinical responses in patients with relapsed/refractory classical Hodgkin lymphoma, based on which it was granted the RMAT designation by the U.S. FDA and the PRIME designation by EMA.
Tessa is also developing a novel, differentiated, allogeneic “off-the shelf” cell therapy platform to create more efficacious, reliable, and scalable therapies capable of targeting a broad range of cancers. A therapy using this platform is being evaluated in an ongoing clinical trial in United States.
Analyst, Corporate Finance and Investor Relations
Analyst, Investor Relations and Corporate Finance would be responsible for supporting Tessa’s fundraising, Investor Relations and Public Relations activities. The position enables interaction with all levels of management within the organization as well as external parties, including investors, financial advisors, and consultants. Work output will be featured at the highest levels of the company, with real opportunity to influence business direction.
This role will provide direct support to management for all corporate initiatives, which include, among others, fundraisings, investor relations and public relations initiatives.
- Be an integral part of Investor Relations team to drive private fundraising rounds
- Corporate materials – Work with management to filter company value proposition into corporate materials for investor discussions
- Data-room and Diligence: Building and maintaining the Tessa electronic data room for out-bound due diligence and working with external partners and internal functions to manage diligence questions and process.
- Work with bankers / Investor Relations advisors to manage broad based outreach to investors for introductory and follow on investor meetings
- In-depth assessment of commercial potential of key pipeline assets. Create and maintain long term forecast for key revenue and cost drivers of the business. Maintain company financial model, using various valuation methodologies
- Support company leadership in building long term rapport with shareholders, investors and analysts via ongoing drumbeat of company updates, investor days and other ad hoc meetings
- Build company visibility among investors and other external stakeholders by driving presence at industry conferences via podium presentations and one on one meetings
- In coordination with Public Relations advisors, manage Company’s PR presence via press announcements, journalist engagement, social media and company website
- Provide support to company leadership on an ongoing basis with competitive intelligence, peer benchmarking and deal flow tracking
- The skill set and knowledge gained can be applied to Corporate finance/ strategy and Investors Relations roles across industries.
- Due to Tessa’s entrepreneurial culture, members of the team are encouraged to explore learn across functions and explore their interests.
Professional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or Business
- 1-2 years of experience in Corporate Finance/ Strategy, Investor Relations, Investment Banking advisory or FP&A
- General adeptness at Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- High motivation, strong work ethic, maturity, and personal initiative
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with a quality-focused mindset
- Self-discipline for planning and organizing tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally representing Tessa Therapeutics