(Senior) Associate Research Scientist (Preclinical)
- Requires fundamental understanding of broad topics in cancer immunotherapy, biochemistry, molecular biology and cancer biology.
- Provide supporting role in animal studies of immune-oncology projects.
- Maintenance and authentication of cancer cell lines.
- Xenografting cancer cells into mouse for in vivo tumor studies. Monitoring of tumor xenograft growth by calipers and in-vivo imaging systems (IVIS)
- Assist in dissection, collection and preparation of different tissues and tumors for molecular pathology analysis. Blood collection, administration of therapeutic agents and assist in surgical procedures.
- Isolation, culturing and characterization of primary human and/or rodent immune cells.
- Assist in developing SOPs and protocols for experiments and experimental procedures.
- Maintenance of the colony and keeping detailed records of the animals and experiments
- Performing basic immunoassays that assesses cell proliferation, cytotoxicity and survival.
- Basic immunophenotyping using flow cytometry analysis
- Bachelor in biological/medical science or veterinary science with at least 2 years of research experience with animal model
- Possess experience in handling animals, blood collection and administration of therapeutic agents
- Possess experience in basic immunology techniques (ELISA, in-vitro cell cultures)
- Experience in murine tumor models and basic flow cytometry would be advantageous
- Good communication and analytical skill and able to be a team player
- Open-minded, passionate, pro-active skills and keen to learn new skills and techniques.
- Good working attitude, proactive and willingness to learn
- Good analytical, planning and coordination skills